Monday, December 13, 2010

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

What would you do if you could live beyond your “boundaries”? This is basically question the author poses. Not living beyond our means financially, but beyond the limits of what we think we can do in regards to changing the world. The author walks through the first twelve books of Acts in the Bible and talks about how the people that Jesus called and equipped were just ordinary men that were qualified because they were called.

This book completely turned what I thought about my life and my purpose upside down. Like most Christians, I have viewed those in full time ministry as “something special” and tend to view God's calling for me as being less than special. However, I learned that simple changes in my life can help me “outlive my life”. This book definitely held my attention, I was able to finish it in just over a week. By not only walking through Acts, but also reading stories of typical people who have accomplished enormous things for God, the author wraps you in the truth that yes, you can really do this.

If you are in a dry place, searching for “something more” in your relationship with God... read this book. If you are in a thriving place, looking for the next step in your ministry... read this book. I don't really care who you are, or where you are in life... or even if you've got a relationship with God right now, read this book! It will challenge you and hopefully change your faith and your way of thinking, for the better.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment