Sunday, November 14, 2010

Amy Inspired, by Bethany Pierce

Meet Amy Gallagher, an aspiring author who gets caught listing her life, instead of living it. She is stuck in a job by default; in a relationship, by default; with a housemate, by default- none of these fulfilling her life. Her housemate Zoƫ is the exact opposite- a free spirit willing to do whatever it took to stay inspired as an author, and a person in general. Together, these best friends go through trials and tragedies, as well as blessings and successes. This book is about Amy, finding herself despite a growing pile of rejected manuscripts, and a series of trials.

I really found this book inspiring. Being in my twenties and having faced the insecurities and uncharted waters that come with adulthood (relationships, career choices, family drama, etc.); reading how Amy comes to terms with living her life, instead of putting it on a to-do list. This was a definite page turner, and it was definitely suspenseful. Throughout the book, I thought I knew what would happen, but I was constantly wrong! There were also touches of romance and sorrow, which ultimately reminded you of your best friends, and made the characters jump off the pages. This certainly was the most relaxed “Christian Fiction” I have ever read- God was throughout the book, in a real way as the characters struggled with growing a solid relationship with Him as adults.Overall, I recommend this book to anyone looking for an inspiring novel that is fiction, but with depth.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Bethany House book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

If you haven't visited my other blog, click here.
Leave a comment on either site, if you are interested in receiving a free copy! When I post my next review, I'll randomly select one person to send my copy, at no cost to you!

1 comment: