Friday, September 17, 2010

Resurrection in May by Lisa Samson

May Seymour is your typical twenty-something college grad. She's going into her future full of high hopes of becoming a journalist, starting with a missions trip to war-time Rwanda.

Along with her bright future are even more harsh memories of her partying days. After one wild evening she is found by seventy-something Claudius on a deserted country road... from that moment on, her life and her future changes forever.

We follow May's journey of finding who she is as a young woman, as well as finding her identity in Christ.

In my opinion, this book started out very slow... it took me several sittings to even get through the first few chapter. However once the author brought life to the characters, I was soon sucked in, and felt like I was just another character. There were several genres represented, some suspense and mystery, and even some romance. I felt as if I was truly relating to the different characters in their humanity, imperfections, and search for a real relationship with God, which can be unheard of in Christian fiction. Overall, I would recommend this book, even with it's slow start. You may end up just as surprised as I was!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to get this book for a friend of mine. Trying to get her more interested in Christian fiction rather than non. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Ruth! Currently I have this book lent to a friend, but when it is finished I can send it your way!

    ReplyDelete